Joined: 09 Mar 2007
|Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:40 pm Post subject: Turkish Honey Almond Cake
Turkish Honey Almond Cake
1 cup brown sugar
3 tbl sugar
2 lrg eggs
250 ml Beehive Co honey of your choice*
1 tbl instant coffee
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
2 cup self raising flour
3 tsp baking powder
100 gm flaked or slivered almonds
2 tbl apricot jam
* Preheat the oven to 180c.
* Beat the brown sugar, white sugar and eggs together until thick and pale in colour. Add the honey and coffee and continue to mix on slow speed until incorporated.
* Mix the flour and baking powder together then fold the flour and spices into the egg mixture and mix well, adding half the slivered or flaked almonds and mixing once more to distribute.
* Spoon the batter into a buttered and floured 20cm. X 20cm. square cake tin then sprinkle the remaining flaked almonds on top.
* Bake at 170c. for 45 minutes until "springy" when gently pressed in the centre.
* Allow the cake to cool in the tin for ten minutes then remove from the tin.
* Warm the apricot jam and brush over the cake.