250 ml milk
50 gm Dutch cocoa
45 gm cornflour
1/2 tsp butter
1 tbl sugar
8 x egg whites
150 gm castor sugar
200 gm rose Turkish Delight
6 x souffle dishes
* Cut the turkish delight into 1cm. dice. Butter 8 souffle dishes and dust with sugar.
* Heat half the milk with the butter and sugar. Mix the remaining milk with the cornflour and cocoa and set aside. Pour the hot milk/butter mixture over the remaining milk/cornflour mixture and mix well. Return the entire mixture to a saucepan and heat gently for 5 minutes while stirring. Add half the turkish delight and set aside.
* Just before ready to bake, whisk the egg whites until foamy then add the sugar and continue beating until the egg whites are glossy.
* Fold a little of the egg whites into the souffle base then fold the souffle base into the remaining egg whites, mixing gently and taking care not to collapse the whites.
* Place a few turkish delight pieces into the base of each souffle dish then top with the souffle mixture. Dot a couple of turkish delight pieces on top of the souffle mixture.
* Bake the souffles for 10-12 minutes in a preheated 210 until puffed and fluffy. Serve with vanilla or other preferred ice-cream.
* Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat.
* Mix 2 tbsp of milk with the cornflour until smooth then add to the remaining milk.
* Add this to the pan of butter and cook over a low heat for a few minutes until thick and smooth stirring constantly.
* Remove from the heat.
* Whisk together the sugar and egg yolks and add to the sauce stirring to combine.
* Stir in the chopped Turkish delight.
* Whisk the egg whites until stiff then fold in a spoonful to the mixture.
* Once it has been incorporated gently fold in the remaining egg whites.
* Spoon into a buttered 1.2L souffle dish and bake in a preheated oven (190C/ 375F/Gas Mark 5) for 35 40 minutes until well risen and golden brown.
* Eat while hot so the Turkish delight is still melting and gooey.
* Try to find plain Turkish delight without the nuts. To chop it more easily dip a sharp knife into some icing sugar first.
* Serves 6