El Chico Mexican Restaurant Relish
4 cups carrots, sliced
2 cups onion, cubed
1 16 oz. can Jalapenos, sliced
4 oz. vinegar
2 cups water
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. Oregano leaf
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1. Measure and place carrots in container.
2. Measure cubed onions and place in container with carrots.
3. Add the Jalapenos, including juice, to the carrots and onions.
4. Add the vinegar, water, salt, oregano and garlic to the other ingredients and mix well.
5. Cover container and place in refrigerator for a minimum of 24 hours.
6. Before serving, stir all ingredients thoroughly.
*Remember, relish must be allowed to marinate for a MINIMUM of 24 hours.