Spareribs Cabbage 'n Kraut
· Spare ribs (3−4 lb), cut in serving piece
· Salt and pepper
· 1 can Sauerkraut (small)
· 1/2 small Cabbage, thinly sliced
· 1 large Onion, thinly sliced
· 1 Apple, quartered, cored and
· 1 teaspoon Caraway seeds or 1 teaspoon Dill
· 1 cup Water
· 1 teaspoon Salt
Sprinkle spareribs with salt and pepper. Brown ribs for 30 minutes in a heavy skillet or broiler pan. Put alternate layers of spare ribs, sauerkraut, cabbage, onion and apple in crock pot. Add caraway seeds or dill to water and pour over all. Cover and set to low for 6−8 hours. (High 4−5 hours). Stir several times during cooking when using high only.
Note: May be prepared using all sauerkraut or all cabbage if desired.