Cabbage with Sausage
from Gary Wright
1 head cabbage
1 cup beef broth (one bouillon cube and a cup of water)
1 package beef smoked sausage (keilbasa)
1 medium onion
3 cloves garlic (I love garlic)
1. Core the cabbage and chop into approximately 1.5 to 2 inch pieces.
2. Chop onion and sauté in large soup pot, adding minced garlic near the end.
3. Cut sausage into 1/4” thick slices and cook in onion/garlic/butter for about 5 minutes.
4. Spread sausage over bottom of pot evenly and place cabbage on top, and pour in broth
5. Cover, reduce heat, and let steam till cabbage is tender (about 10 to 15 minutes).
6. Stir and serve (salt/pepper to taste of course)