Joined: 07 May 2007
|Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:02 am Post subject: CHINESE STYLE BROCCOLI & MUSHROOMS
CHINESE STYLE BROCCOLI & MUSHROOMS
2-3 tbsp Defatted Stock or White Wine
1 tbsp Tamari (low sodium soy sauce)
1 Clove Garlic
2 Slices Fresh Ginger
2 tbsp. Sherry or water
7 oz. Fresh Broccoli
8 oz. Fresh Mushrooms
1/4 Onion (diced into large pieces)
1 tsp. Corn Starch or Arrowroot
1 tsp. Tamari (low sodium soy sauce)
1/2 c. Water of vegetable or Chicken Stock
1. Separate broccoli flowers and stalks. Cut into bite size pieces. Strip outer fiber from large stalks; cut stalk diagonally into pieces 1/3 inch thick.
2. Heat first 5 ingredients in a Wok or heavy cast iron pan.
3. Add onions and broccoli stalks and sauté for 3 minutes.
4. Add mushrooms and broccoli flowerets and sauté 2 minutes.
5. Add gravy and stir until thickened.
Serve immediately. Be sure you use a low sodium Tamari sauce.
This makes 5 servings.