8081 recipes en.lezzetler.net
Banu Atabay's Mütevazi Lezzetler® Recipe Forums

Ana SayfaMain Page   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    YöneticilerAdmins    Log inLog in 

All Recipes  A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z  Turkish Cooking Recipes

Bread Pizza Dough

Post new topic   Reply to topic    en.lezzetler.net Forum Index -> Bread (8 piece Pizza Dough 5021 views)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aliusta
Aşçıbaşı
Aşçıbaşı

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Pizza Dough Reply with quote

Pizza Dough

Servings: 1
1 tb Fast rising yeast
1/2 ts Salt
1 c Flour
1/2 ts Sugar
1 c Luke warm water
2 1/4 c Flour
2 tb Vegetable oil

In a large bowl mix yeast and 1 cup of flour, then mix in water,oil, salt and sugar. Add 2 to 2-1/4 cups of flour or enough to make a soft dough.
Knead until smooth and elastic. Place in a lightly greased bowl, turning dough to grease all over. Cover with a tea towel and let rise in a warm place for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until dough doubles in size. Punch down and
divide dough in half.
Preheat oven to 425 F. Grease pizza pans and roll out dough on lightly floured surface into a 12" circle. Place on pan. Let rise for 10 minutes.
Put on topping and bake according to recipe directions. OPTION: For a crustier bottom, precook dough slightly (about 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned). Then put on topping and cook another ten minutes until cheese is golden brown. TO FREEZE DOUGH: Spread dough onto pans, cover with plastic wrap and freeze. Once frozen, put in plastic freezer bag. Keeps well for one month. Thaw in refrigerator.

zeyna
Şef Aşçıbaşı
Şef Aşçıbaşı

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Pizza Dough Reply with quote

Pizza Dough

1 pk Active dry yeast
1/2 ts Salt
3/4 c Warm water
2 tb Olive or vegetable oil
1/2 ts Sugar
2 c All-purpose flour

Dissolve the yeast in the water. Stir in sugar, salt, oil and one and 3/4 cups of the flour. Turn onto a well-floured board and knead until smooth and elastic. This should take about five minutes. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to prevent sticking.

David Andrews

zeyna
Şef Aşçıbaşı
Şef Aşçıbaşı

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Pizza Dough Reply with quote

Pizza Dough

IN A LARGE BOWL MIX
1 pk Dry yeast
1 3/4 c Hot tap water
STIR UNTIL YEAST IS DISSOLVE
1/2 ts Salt
2 c Flour

Now with a mixer mix (if hand-held mixer) 2 minutes high speed or (if you have a regular mixer) 2 minutes medium speed.
Then add: 1 cup flour And carefully mix high speed for one more minute.
Then add by hand kneeding for 5 minutes minimum: 1 cup flour (or more if dough is too sticky) Kneed this until the dough is soft but easily handlable without being too sticky. Place in a bowl greased with olive oil in a warme (but turned off!) oven covered with a cloth and let the dough rise until it is doubled ~ takes about 1 1/2 hours or so.
When dough has risen punch it down and separate it into either 2 for 2 thick crust pizzas or 4 for 4 thin crust pizzas and carefully, by spinning and tossing the dough shape it into olive oil greased (lightly) pans. Be careful you don't toss it too high!
Place on top your favorite sauce and fixings and bake for 20 minutes or until edges look done (baking time depends on the oven) at 375 f

ezgim
Şef Aşçıbaşı
Şef Aşçıbaşı

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Pizza Dough Reply with quote

Pizza Dough

My recipe takes about 20 minutes to cook, at 425-450 degrees, but it does depend on the pan you're using - I find a ceramic pizza pan cooks the dough much better than a tin pan, which can leave a soft bit in the middle.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups plain flour (or half and half white and wholemeal)
2/3 - 3/4 cup warm water - add yeast (a packet, or 2 tsp), and a
tsp of sugar.

Leave the yeast 5-10 min to bubble and add to the flour, with about 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Mix roughly in a bowl, then put in the food processor, and process, adding a LITTLE more water if it won't form a ball. Turn out in the bowl, which has had a teaspoon of olive oil put in it. Roll the ball in the oil, cover loosely, and leave until risen (depends on the weather, but I find an hour is enough).
Spread out in your pizza platter (ceramic if possible, see above), and it will begin to rise again while you potter around the kitchen, finding whatever ingredients are available to make fridge pizza.
Cook about 20 minutes - I've never had any problem with anything burning, except maybe the odd mushroom.

ezgim
Şef Aşçıbaşı
Şef Aşçıbaşı

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Pizza Dough Reply with quote

Pizza Dough

Here's my well-used pizza dough recipe (I've made four pizzas this week already).
flour (approx. 3 cups)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 packet fast-rising yeast
1 C. water at 120-130F (use a thermometer; your hot water tap should probably be able to give you water this hot)
2 tsp. olive oil

Blend the yeast with two cups of flour and the salt. Add the water and the oil and mix to form a dough. Add more flour as necessary until you can knead the dough. Knead for about 6 minutes (I use my KitchenAid).
Put the dough in a bowl and allow to rise for about 45 minutes. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 400F and prepare your toppings.
Split the dough into two pieces and roll into two medium size pizzas. In the U.S., you can use bread flour to make the pizzas. If so, the dough should be strong enough to handle spinning in the air. For that to work, though, *do not knead the dough (or punch down) after it has risen!* If you want to spin, it'll probably go easier if you just resort to using all the dough for one large pizza.
If you're rolling the dough, ideally you can roll it out on parchment paper, which can go directly into the oven with the pizza. Why not do it on a cookie sheet? Well, the secret of a good pizza crust (particularly a thin one) is that the pizza should bake directly on a hot surface. I have lined my oven with quarry tiles, and I bake my pizzas directly on that. A pizza stone can be had at a cooking store, or you might try baking directly on the floor of your oven. If you try to bake on a cookie sheet that you slide into the oven with the pizza on it, I think you'll find yourself frustrated in the quest of good crusty pizza.
So, after rolling out and preparing your pizza on top of parchment paper, slide the paper (with the pizza on it) onto a large cutting board held level with the counter. Then open the oven and gently shake the cutting board so that the pizza and the paper slide right off. Don't be scared, it works!
If you don't have parchment paper... Well, in the U.S., parchment paper can be hard to find in some areas (why, I don't know -- it's the most useful baking tool I have). So, in this case, roll out (or spin) your pizza dough and then place it on a cutting board **liberally** dusted with cornmeal. Put the toppings on the pizza and then do the same sliding trick before (although it's good to check, just beforehand, that the pizza doesn't seem stuck anywhere to the board). I've made a lot of pizzas this way, too, and though it's not quite so easy to get the pizza from the board to the oven as with parchment paper, it certainly works (again, don't be scared!).
Finally, bake the pizza from anywhere between 12-18 minutes. The dough will be hard, so you won't have any trouble pulling the pizza out of the oven with a pot holder onto a cutting board.
And if you have a pizza peel instead of a cutting board, use that!

ezgim
Şef Aşçıbaşı
Şef Aşçıbaşı

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Pizza Dough Reply with quote

Pizza Dough

Hmm. This is a bit tough, because when I worked at a pizzeria, the quantities were a bit daunting. I'm not going to do the conversions, and though it's a bit ridiculous, here's the recipe for about 55-60 medium (12") pizzas.
30.70 lb flour (a little less for dry days, a little more for humid days)
1 gallon water (cold if you want to use the dough later)
..25 lb yeast (I don't remember what type. It was in 1lb blocks, and it bore a resemlance to a cinnamon roll in that it looked like it was in layers)
1/4 cup salt.
Mix it all until it looks like it's ready to be used.
Cut it into 1 lb portions, then roll it into a ball (there's a specific way of doing this, but it shouldn't matter, just make it into a ball) then put it into whatever you're using to hold it while it rises. Flatten it a bit with the palm of your hand.
let it rise once, then use it.
If it's done properly, then it'll stretch and whatnot so you can play with it the same way guys in pizzarias do. As opposed to the way that standard bread dough is fairly inflexible.
The reason that I put down this whoe recipe is that when I make pizza dough for myself, I can do it by sight, so I've never bothered to do any measurements. Hope that this is useful. Someone please convert this. My primary stumbling block is that I've no notion about converting # of flour to cups.

ezgim
Şef Aşçıbaşı
Şef Aşçıbaşı

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject: Pizza Dough Reply with quote

Pizza Dough

Here's what I've come up with after about a year of experimenting (and a large number of bad pizzas!)
Steve's Pizza Dough (with secret ingredient)
3 Cups flour.
1 1/3 Cups water (warm, for the yeast)
1 package quick-rising yeast.
Salt (approx. 1/2 tsp)
Sugar (approx. 1/2 tsp)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (approx 1 1/2 tbsp)
....and the secret ingredient is:
Grated Parmesan Cheese (approx 1/4 C)

Now, I'm not one to go with exact measurements unless I have to, so here's my best (and first) attempt to describe the amounts used in this recipe:
Mix yeast with warm water, in seperate measuring cup, not in the mixing bowl. You want to do this first so that the yeast has time to "get going" before you add it to the rest of the ingredients.
Put flour, sugar, salt, cheese, and oil in bowl. There's no need to stir yet.
Get yourself ready to mix, then add water and yeast to bowl. As soon as you add the water you want to try to get it well mixed as quickly as possible. Mix until all ingredients are blended. When ingredients are mixed, dough should be sticky to the touch, but not to runny. I then "cut" the dough at least a dozen times, with my mixing spoon. This is (I think) what takes the place of kneading the dough.
Let dough rise for 30-45 minutes. Rember that it needs to be both warm and moist to rise. What I usually do is turn the oven on bake for about 3-4 minutes (any temperature will do) then turn it OFF, open the door for a few seconds (to let it cool down slightly) then cover the bowl with a wet towel, and place in the oven, door closed.
After this first rising period, you should take the dough out, lightly sprinkle it with flour to keep it from sticking to your hands, and "punch" the dough down. This amounts to just pressing it a little bit all around. Don't remove from bowl.
Let rise (same conditions) for another 20-35 minutes. Total rising time should be between 45 minutes and just over an hour. It's my opinion that the longer you let the dough rise, the better taste it will have, but I've let it rise for only 45 minutes and had it come out just fine. This is usually done with a 30/15 minute split between the two rising periods.
Now, grease your pizza pan using a small amount of olive oil or oil spray and put the dough on the pan. Dust dough with flour again (to keep it from sticking to your hands -- as needed while rolling) and spread it onto the pan. As long as you grease the pan, spreading the dough should be easy. It will be pretty thin all around. (I use a 12x24 (?) rectangular pan -- I think that two 12" rounds will work too, but have never tried it)
Baking times are usually about 10-12 minutes in a 450 degree oven, on the middle rack. It should be obvious when the pizza is done, by the look of the crust (turning light brown) and the look of the cheeze (just getting those brown cooked spots on it)

Suggested toppings:
Motzerella and pepperoni with pizza sauce.
Thinly sliced tomatoes, cheddar, onion, with a garlic & olive oil sauce.
Fresh mushrooms, motzerella, and cooked sausage, pizza sauce.

Pizza secrets:
What about thick crust pizza? Well, I'm not really fond of thick crust pizza, but from my experience, this is what I'd have to say: Use this recipe on a smaller pan. Use more pizza sauce, or a pizza sauce with more water. This will cause the top layer of the dough to cook less than the layer touching the pan. Cook at a lower temperature, with the pizza pan on a lower rack of the oven. All of these things will make your pizza more dough-ey. Experiment at your own risk! What about even crispier crust? Use a little bit less water (but still more than 1 Cup water) in the recipe. This will give you a drier dough. Cook the pizza on a lower rack in the oven. Experiment at your own risk!
When rising the dough, make sure that you use a cloth towel, not a paper towel. Paper towels just don't hold enough water to stand up to the dryness of the oven.
If you have any great (or terrible) pizza experiences, I'd like to know about it!

ezgim
Şef Aşçıbaşı
Şef Aşçıbaşı

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Pizza Dough Reply with quote

Pizza Dough

The following produces a rather crispy dough (see notes at bottom!):
1 envelope dry yeast (I like Fleishmann's Rapid Rise(tm))
1/4 teaspoon sugar
3/4 cup lukewarm water (75-80 degrees F. Too hot and you'll
kil the yeast, too cold and the yeast won't activate.
If anything, err towards the cooler side - the slower it rises, the better...)
Stir yeast and sugar into water, let sit for 8 minutes or so.
It should become slightly foamy with a familiart "yeast" odor.
No foam after 6 or so minutes and the yeast was bad or your water wrong temperature. I haven't had a yeast problem yet.
In a bowl (or food processor) mix 1 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour or bread flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
Add the yeast mixture. If using food processor, continue running until dough forms a ball, 10-20 seconds. By hand, just jump in and mix away. If you've never done dough before, it gets a little sticky.
If the dough is a little dry (ie: flour left on sides of bowl and you absolutely can't get it mixed) add 1/2 teaspoon water and try until you get it. If measured right, you shouldn't need any additional water.
On a floured surface pick up dough and throw it down HARD 8-10 times (really, you can't hurt it, think of your boss...) Continue kneading for 2 minutes or so. if dough is a little sticky, dust your finger and counter with flour, but as little as possible).
That it. Either rolls out by hand for an 11" pizza (14" thin or 7" thick).
Bake at 500F in pre-heated oven for 8-12 minutes, the edges will turn nice golden brown when done. Dough will be firm and cripy, not soggy and soft like many other doughs.

Yemek Tarifleri
Robot Admin

ZUCCHINI IN DOUGH OR DRESSED WITH BRE... Avocado 'N Everything Pizza Thin Crust Dough NY Style Dough Whole Wheat Dough Zucchini Dough Cooked Pizza Sauce Uncooked Pizza Sauce Sunny Side Up Pizza Chicago Style Pizza BBQ Chicken Pizza Thai Pizza Philly Cheesesteak Pizza Margherita Pizza Roasted Garlic and Peppers Pizza Tex - Mex Pizza Muffuletta Pizza Grilled Pizza Pesto Pizza Pizza Pie Frozen Peanut Butter Pizza Pie Pizza Potatoes Crock Pot Pizza Zucchini Pizza Sourdough Pizza Shells ALASKA SOUREST DOUGH Pizza Hamburger Pizza Basic Pizza Dough TRADITIONAL SWEET ROLL DOUGH CRUSTY PIZZA DOUGH San Francisco Sour Dough Bread Pizza Crust Herb Pizza Dough Whole Wheat Pizza Crust New Classic Pizza Dough Mama Lorraine's Pizza Dough Traditional Pizza Dough Peppy Pizza Pie PASTA DOUGH (Manual Pasta Machines ONLY) Shane's Pizza Sauce Zucchini Crust Pizza Apple Crisp Pizza Fruit Pizza FIG NEWTONS DOUGH Pizza Hut Dessert Pizza Ekmekten Pizza (photograph) Jet Pizza (photograph) Peynirli Pizza (photograph) Pizza (photograph)

Kullanıcı bilgilerini göster E-Posta gönder Kullanıcının web sitesini ziyaret et
Post new topic   Reply to topic    en.lezzetler.net Forum Index -> Bread (8 piece Pizza Dough 5021 views) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

[Mütevazı Lezzetler® Türkçe]  [Mütevazı Lezzetler® Azərice]  [Mutevazı Lezzetler® English]  [Mutevazı Lezzetler® Español]  [Скромные Вкусы® Русский]
© MMVI lezzetler.net|ça TR-06500 BEŞEVLER 2006-2018 All rights reserved [Privacy Policy]  [Categories]