Turkish Poached Eggs with Yogurt and Spicy Sage Butter
1 cup Plain yogurt
2 lrg Garlic cloves, pressed
1/4 cup Unsalted butter, (1/2 stick)
12 x Fresh sage leaves
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/4 tsp Dried crushed red pepper
1 tbl Distilled white vinegar
8 x Eggs
Warm pita bread
* Stir yogurt and garlic in small bowl to blend. Season to taste with salt.
* Divide mixture equally among 4 plates, spreading to coat center.
* Melt butter in heavy small saucepan over medium heat. Add sage, paprika and red pepper and stir just until butter sizzles. Remove from heat. Season with salt.
* Add vinegar to large skillet of simmering water and return mixture to simmer. Crack eggs into water. Simmer until eggs are softly cooked, about 3 minutes. Using slotted spoon, remove eggs from water, drain briefly and place 2 eggs atop yogurt on each plate.
* Rewarm butter mixture if necessary; spoon over eggs and serve immediately with pita bread.
* Serves 4.