Pumpkin Bread with Streusel Topping
1 2/3 c All-purpose flour, sifted
1 1/3 c Granulated sugar
1/4 ts Baking powder
1/2 ts Vanilla
1 ts Baking soda
1/8 ts Salt
1 c Pumpkin puree
1/2 ts Cinnamon
1/2 ts Nutmeg
Orange slices, for garnish
1/3 c Butter, softened
2/3 c Brown sugar, packed
1/2 ts Ground ginger
2 tb Butter
1/4 c Chopped walnuts
3 1/2 tb
Makes one 9-by-5-inch loaf
Preparation time: 30 min. Baking time: 50 to 60 min. Oven Temperature: 350 degrees F.
1. Sift together dry ingredients. Set aside.
2. Cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla, eggs and pumpkin puree. Beat well.
3. Mix pumpkin mixture with flour. Blend just until ingredients are combined.
4. Pour into a greased and floured 9-by-5-inch loaf.
5. For streusel, cream butter with sugar. Add flour and ginger. Blend with hands to form small crumbles. Add walnuts.
6. Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over batter.
7. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes.
8. Cool on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature. Garnish with orange slices, if desired.