Turkish Lamb Burgers
1 1/2 lb ground lamb
1 cup chopped green onions - (abt 4)
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp ground cumin
4 x pita breads - (6" dia) top 1/4 cut off each
1 cup diced seeded plum tomatoes
* Combine lamb, 1/2 cup onions, 1 teaspoon salt, pumpkin pie spice, and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper in medium bowl. Mix gently. Using moistened hands, form lamb mixture into 4 equal patties, each about 1/2-inch thick.
* Combine yogurt, cumin, remaining 1/2 cup onions, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper in small bowl. Stir to blend. Let stand 15 minutes.
* Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Grill burgers until cooked to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium.
* Carefully open pita breads to make pockets; insert burger in each. Spoon in yogurt mixture and tomatoes, dividing equally, and serve.
* This recipe yields 4 servings.
* Comments: A cold couscous salad and steamed carrots sprinkled with mint would be lovely alongside. Finish with baklava.