2 cup Basmati rice
3/4 tsp Saffron threads
2 tbl Hot water
3 qt Water
3 tbl Salt
6 x -(up to)
8 tbl Melted unsalted butter
* I have a Turkish recipe for Saffron Pilaf.
* Wash, soak & drain rice.
* Crumble saffron with fingertips and soak in hot water.
* Cook the rice (the instructions are rather complicated, and I'm sure you have a good way of cooking basmati rice). You end up mixing the butter with the cooked rice, and steaming it gently for 30 minutes, and let it rest for 10 minutes.
* Just before serving, mix 2 large tablespoons of the cooked rice with the saffron water in a small bowl. Stirring gently, place the rice on a platter and garnish with the saffron rice, sprinkling over the top.
* This recipe doesn't use much saffron at all. In my limited experience, too much saffron can be indeed too much. If you have a large bag, you might share with your friends. Then you can take turns inviting each other over for saffron pilaf!