Deep Fried Meatballs
1½ lbs. chop meat
1½ cups red bell pepper
1½ cup finely chopped onion
½ cup chopped garlic
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
½ tsp. black pepper
1 stick butter
1 cup flour
1 cup water
2 cups bread crumbs
1. First in medium fry pan heat butter until melted and add in flour. Mix well and heat until creamy a dark beige color. Add in onions and red pepper and heat for 10 minutes and remove from heat.
2. In large fry cook meat in about ¼ cup oil. Brown well and remove from heat.
3. In medium bowl combine meat and onion and pepper mixture with hands, be sure to make sure both are cool first. Let sit in the refrigerator for about 1−2 hours.
4. When chilled, roll into small balls. Mix eggs with water and leave in bowl for dipping meatballs. Place bread crumbs in separate bowl.
5. First, dip meatballs into egg mixture then coat well with bread crumbs. Do this step to all of the meat before starting to cook.
6. In large sauce pot, cover bottom of pot with 2 inches of oil and heat on medium to high. The oil has to high enough to submerse the meatball. Place as many meatballs in very hot oil and cook for 5−8 minutes, sometimes longer. You will be able to tell.
7. In small bowl combine mustard and mayonnaise. To serve place heaping teaspoon in middle of dish and place meatballs around it. Serve as a first course or appetizer.