1/2 c Water
1 3/4 c Bread flour (8 1/5 oz)
2 ts Dry yeast
3/4 c Cake Flour (3 1/2 oz)
1/2 c Butter or marg.; for folding in the dough
2 1/2 tb Dry milk
3/4 ts Salt
1 Egg; beaten for brushing on top
3 1/2 tb Butter (1.4 oz)
Fillings: 1/2 - 3/4 c apricot jam or marmalade 1/4 - 1/3 c canned fruit filling or preserves 1/2 - 3/4 c nut streusel 1/2 - 3/4 c cheese filling
1. Place first 5 ingredients inside the bread pan. Add water. Close cover and place dry yeast into the yeast holder. SELECT: BASIC DOUGH MODE. Press start. (Breadmaker completes the basic dough mode 2 hours and 25 minutes later)
2. Place dough in greased bowl. Cover. Rest the dough in fridge for 30 minutes.
3. Roll 5 oz of chilled butter between two sheets of waxed paper into a 8 x 7 inch rectangle. Place back in the refrigerator. Chill at least 1 hour.
4. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface into a 10 x 10 1/2 inches rectangle.
5. Place the rolled out butter over two-thirds of the dough. Fold the third without butter over the center third.
6. Fold the remaining third on top. Seal edges. Rest the dough in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes.
7. Place the dough at right angles to the previous position in #5. Roll out into 10 x 10 1/2 inches. Fold into thirds. Wrap and place into refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes. Fold and roll three times more. Wrap and chill after each rolling. After the final folding, chill several hours or overnight.
8. Roll out the dough into 10 x 10 1/2 inches. Cut into 6 squares. Roll each out into about 7 inch square.
9. Place the filling of your choice in the center of each square. Brush the four corners lightly with water to help them seal when pressed together.
10. Fold opposite corners over the center. Press down firmly to seal together. Then fold the other two corners over the center and press all four corners tightly together.
11. Place on greased baking pan. Spray water on top.
12. Proof, brush with beaten egg and bake in 357 deg. oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.