This is a breakfast dish in the southern part of India.
· 1 cup Cream of wheat
· 1 Onion cut lengthwise
· 1 tsp Salt
· 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
· 1/8 tsp Urad dal
· 1 cup Cashew-nut
· ¼ Lemon
· 1/2 cup Peas
· 1 clove Garlic
· 1/10" piece Ginger
· 1 Green chili cut into small pieces.
1. Fry cream of wheat on a dry pan for 5 minutes and set aside.
2. Put two tablespoons of oil in a pan and heat. Add mustard seeds, Urad dal, cashewnut, and garlic clove. Wait till mustard seeds stop splitting. Add the onion, chili, and ginger and fry till the onion turns brown.
3. Add cream of wheat and fry for 3-5 minutes. Add salt and peas. Add two cups of boiling water and stir for 2 minutes. (Switch off the stove as soon as the water is poured.)
4. Cover the vessel for 4 minutes. Add lime if needed.