· 5 cups buttermilk
· 1/2 lb. green beans
· 7-8 green chillies
· 1 cup fresh coconut, shredded
· 1 tsp mustard seeds
· 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
· 1 sprig curry leaves
· 2 tsp oil for seasoning
1. Cut the beans into longish pieces.
2. Boil in a little water till done.
3. Drain and set aside.
4. Blend together the coconut and green chillies.
5. Add this paste to the buttermilk and mix well.
6. Add the beans and salt to taste.
7. Dilute with some water if needed.
8. Bring to a boil on a low flame.
9. Season with mustard, cumin and curry leaves.
Other vegetables like eggplant,cucumber,cayote etc can also be used for this preparation.