· 1 large eggplant
· 1 medium onion, finely chopped
· 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
· 2 tomatoes, chopped finely
· 4 green chillies, chopped finely
· 1 cup cooked green peas
· 1 1/2 tsp dhania-jeera ( cumin-corainder) powder
· 1 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
· 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
· 1/2 tsp amchoor(mango powder)
· Salt to taste
· 1 tsp sugar
· tbsp cooking oil
1. Rub 1/2 tsp oil on the eggplant and bake in an oven till the skin shrinks and liquid starts oozing out of the vegetable.
2. This will take around 30-45 minutes at 400 deg F.
3. Take it out of the oven and peel it.
4. Mash the baigan and add the salt to it.
5. Heat the remaining oil and add the chopped onion.
6. Fry till the onions turns translucent.
7. Add the green chillies and the tomatoes and fry till the mixture becomes homogeneous.
8. Now add all the spices and the sugar and fry for a minute.
9. Add the baigan and mix well.
10. Now add the peas and fry for a couple of minutes.
11. Add the chopped coriander leaves and some water to get a thick consistency. Mix well.
12. Heat through.
13. Serve when hot with plain rice/paratha.