2 small potatoes, boiled , peeled and mashed
3 cups vegetables, chopped finely, boiled and drained well
(You can use beets, carrots, peas, cabbage,etc)
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp dhania(coriander) powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp saunf(fennel) powder
1/2 tsp amchoor(mango powder)
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
2 green chillies , finely chopped
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp chopped coriander leaves
1 tsp chopped cashewnuts
1 egg white
1 egg well beaten
1 cup breadcrumbs
Salt to taste
1 tbsp ghee(clarified butter)
Oil for shallow frying the cutlets
1. Heat the ghee and add the ginger-garlic paste and green chillies.
2. Fry for about a minute.
3. Now add the cashewnuts and all the powdered spices.
4. Add the coriander leaves.
5. Fry for 1/2 a minute.
6. Now add all the drained vegetables and mix well.
7. If there is any water, fry till all moisture is totally lost.
8. Mix in the mashed potatoes and salt to taste.
9. Heat through and take off the stovetop.
10. Mix in 1 egg white.This will help bind together the vegetables.
11. Make flat rounds of the above.
12. Dip each round in the well beaten egg and roll in the breadcrumbs.
13. Shallow fry on both sides till golden brown.
14. Eat when hot with chutney.