This is a local Karnataka specialty.
· 1 Ready to use pastry roll (Pepperidge farms)
· Mixed Vegetables. ( potatoes, peas may be added)
· to taste Garam Masala
· Green Chilies
· to taste Salt
1. Cook a vegetable mix with potatoes, peas, green chilies and lots of Masala. Check for salt, before you stuff it in the pastry roll; no way to rectify it later.
2. Thaw the roll for about 10 minutes before unfolding.
3. After the pastry roll has thawed, open it out on a flat sheet and roll it with a pin to make it a little thinner. The pastry sheet would now be about 12" x 12".
4. Cut the sheet into 6 pieces.
5. Place about 2-3 Tbsp of the cooked vegetable onto the sheet and fold it around it. Seal all the corners, by pressing the sheets together and applying a little water.
6. Stick it into a pre-heated oven (350 degrees) for about 20-30 minutes or until it browns.
7. Make sure that you flip it around every 5-10 minutes.