Kebabs With Dry Fruit Filling
· 400 gm lotus stem
· tbsp chana dahl
· tbsp chickpeas
· gm cinnamon stick
· gm cloves
· 1 tbsp peppercorns
· 2 bay leaves
· 1 tbsp sesame seeds
· Oil for frying
· Onion slices & cucumber slices for garnishing
· For the filling:
· 25 raisins
· 25 gm roasted cashew nuts
· 40 gm mawa, sautéed till brown
1. Clean the lotus stem and remove the outer skin. Slice finely, boil with chana dahl, chick peas, cinnamon stick, cloves, peppercorns, bay leaves and sesame seeds till done.
2. When they are tender, blend them without any water to a fine paste. Divide into small portions. To prepare the fillings:
1. Mix raisins, cashew nuts and browned mawa.
2. Divide into marble sized portions and place in the centre of each lotus stem-chana dal and chickpeas mixture ball. Roll to cover the filling completely.
3. Flatten between palms and shape evenly. Fry in hot oil till golden brown.
4. Serve hot with sliced onions and cucumber slices.