· 1 small cabbage
· 2 medium onions
· tbsp vegetable oil
· 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, whole
· 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, whole
· tsp sesame seeds
· Salt to taste
1. Remove coarse outer leaves from cabbage, quarter and core. Cut into fine shred, either by hand or with food processor. Set aside.
2. Peel onions and cut into half lengthwise. Again cut crosswise into thin half rings and set aside.
3. In large wok or large wide pan over medium heat, heat oil. When very hot, add the cumin and fennel seeds.
4. As soon as the seeds turn a shade darker (just a few minutes) toss in the sesame seeds.
5. Now add onions and stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until browned on the edges.
6. To this, add shredded cabbage, cover tightly and turn heat to low. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until cabbage wilts.
7. Uncover and cook over high heat, stir fry for 5 minutes or until cabbage gets tender.