by Kris Dhillon
Here curd cheese cubes are combined with spicy spinach.
Preparation and cooking time: 40-45 minutes.
· 2 pints (1.15 litres) whole milk
· 4 tablespoon lemon juice
· Oil for deep frying
· 4 tablespoon vegetable oil
· 1 cup curry sauce (page 20)
· 16 oz (450g) can pureed spinach
· ½ teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon ground cummin
· ½ teaspoon chilli powder
· 1 teaspoon garam masala
1. Make the milk into curd cheese cubes as shown on page 96 for Mattar Panir.
2. Heat the four tablespoons of oil in a deep frying pan. When hot add the curry sauce and cook rapidly for about five minutes until quite thick.
3. Add the spinach and stir in the salt, ground cummin, and chilli powder. Simmer, stirring, for ten minutes.
4. Now add the cheese cubes and garam masala and continue to cook over a gentle heat for a further five minutes. Serve.