· 800 gms paneer, cut into cubes
· 2-3 onions, chopped
· 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
· 1 tsp coriander seeds, roasted & pounded
· 1 tsp black pepper
· 1 tsp red chili powder
· 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
· 1 1/2 cups tomato puree
· 1 cup green, yellow & red capsicums, chopped
· 3/4 tsp cumin powder
· 1/2 tsp green cardamom powder
· A pinch of each mace powder, clove powder, black cumin powder & fenugreek seeds
· 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
· tbsp ghee or butter
1. Heat ghee in a pan, add chopped onions and saute until brown. Add ginger-garlic paste and stir-fry till the moisture evaporates.
2. Also add red chili powder, coriander seeds, black pepper powder, turmeric and stir-fry until they change color.
3. Then add tomato puree, salt, paneer cubes, capsicum and fry until the paneer is light brown.
4. Sprinkle the cumin, cardamom, mace, clove, black cumin powders, fenugreek seeds and cook until the paneer is cooked. Remove and adjust the seasoning.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with parathas or any pulao.
Preparation time: 45-50 minutes