Joined: 19 May 2007
|Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:28 am Post subject: Paneer
· 1 1/2 pints Milk
· 1/2 tsp White vinegar AND
· 1/2 tsp Lemon juice OR
· 1 cup Yogurt
1. Heat milk and stir constantly to prevent a layer of cream from forming on the top.
2. Remove from heat when it boils and slowly add white vinegar and lemon juice or yogurt. This sours the milk. Strain through a muslin cloth or a double layer of cheese cloth and squeeze out the whey (liquid).
3. Hang to drip dry for 2-3 hours (or overnight). Then lay out the cheese in a rectangle in a tray and place a weight (the more the better, but at least 10 lbs) on it for 3/4 hour.
4. Cut it into whatever shape you like.