· 500 g of fennel bulb
· 100 g smoked chicken breasts
· chicken bouillon cube
· 125 ml crème fraiche
· 2 tbsp ouzo or Pernod
· 200 ml water
Proceed as follows:
1. Trim the fennel stalks down to the bulb, Peel off any wilted outer layer. Set the fine fennel leaves aside after having cut them with a scissor into small pieces.
2. Cut the fennel bulb in small pieces and boil them together with water and a chicken bouillon cube for 8-10 minutes in the microwave oven at full power.
3. Transfer the fennel and the liquid to a food processor, purée and let it cool.
4. Cut the boneless, skinless chicken breasts (if possible smoked) into thin slices and add to the purée.
5. Microwave on high for four minutes.
6. Add the crème fraiche (sour cream) and two tablespoons of ouzo, Pernod or a similar licorice/aniseed type
aperitif. Stir well.
7. Add some of the finely cut fennel leaves on top of the soup.