Ketonic Chocolate Mousse
from Dave Edson
2 oz. Unsweetened Bakers Chocolate (2 squares)
2 tbsp. Water
6 Packets Sweetener
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
1/2 cup Unsalted softened butter
4 Eggs, carefully separated
1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
27.3 Total Carbs 4.0 Servings 6.8 Carbs per serving
1. Make some boiling water in a large pot. Make an ice bath in another pot.
2. Float a smaller saucepan in the boiling water, and melt the chocolate and the 2 tbsp. water until it starts to melt.
3. Put the egg yolks in a mixer, on high, and let it run for about five minutes— yolks will be light yellow and thick.
4. Add the butter to the chocolate, bit by bit, stirring constantly until you have a liquid goo.
5. Once the goo is nice and liquid, add the sweetener and mix it in.
6. Remove the pan from the boiling water, and put it in the ice bath, stirring constantly. Bring down the temperature of the chocolate until it’s the same as your finger.
7. Slowly add the egg yolks to the chocolate mixture, mixing well. The mixture will curdle if you got it too hot.
8. Add in the vanilla and heavy cream. Use the hot water to warm the mixture (very slightly) if it begins to thicken. Set aside.
9. Completely clean your mixer, then beat the egg whites until very stiff (a long time).
10. Gently fold the whites into the liquid chocolate (you can use the boiling water to melt the chocolate if it set up while you were whipping the whites).
11. Pour mixture into four bowls, cover, chill and enjoy!