Hamburger à la Lindström
· 500 g ground beef
· 2 egg yolks
· 100 ml cream
· 100 g finely chopped onions
· 150 ml finely chopped pickled red beets
· 50-100 ml liquid from the pickled beets
· 2 tbsp finely chopped capers
· butter for frying
· salt, pepper
Proceed as follows:
1. Mix ground beef, egg yolks, and cream in a bowl. Add salt and pepper. Add enough liquid from pickled beets to produce a dough-like mixture.
2. Sautee the chopped onion until translucent. It must not, however, turn brownish. Add the onion to the beef mixture.
3. Gently stir in pickled beets and capers. Some (but not we!) even like to add 100-150 grams boiled and mashed potatoes.
4. Shape into four round patties, about the same size as a BigMac.
5. Melt some butter in a frying pan. Fry the beef patties at moderate/low heat for 3-5 minutes. It is important that they remain rosy inside, otherwise they will be too dry.