· 2 litre rinsed leaves of stinging nettle
· 1.5 litre water
· 2 tbsp (30 g) butter
· 3 tbsp (50 ml) flour
· 25 - 50 g chives
· 2 beef bouillon cubes
· salt, pepper
Proceed as follows:
1. Let the nettle leaves simmer until tender, usually 5 - 10 minutes is enough.
2. Strain and set the liquid aside.
3. Puree the nettles together with the chives in a food processor. The result should be a creamy paste.
4. Melt the butter in a deep casserole, add the flour and mix thoroughly at moderate heat.
5. Add the nettle water while stirring, then add the nettle puree. Let simmer for a few minutes, then add salt
and pepper if required.