Joined: 15 Jan 2007
|Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:57 am Post subject: Gravlax and Avocado Mousse
Gravlax and Avocado Mousse
· 200 g gravlax
· 200 g avocado meat (scoop out the meat of a medium size ripe avocado)
· 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
· salt and pepper as desired
Proceed as follows:
1. Set aside 50-75 grams of the gravlax. Puree the remainder in the food processor.
2. Add the avocado meat and continue pureeing.
3. Add the lemon juice and pepper and salt as desired and continue the pureeing until you have a smooth mousse.
4. Spread the mousse on crackers or small pieces of toast.
5. Cut the remaining gravlax into thin strips and use these to adorn the mousse.
We have tried several ways of spicing the mousse (e.g., cognac and port wine) but dry sherry is by far the best way. What remains to be tested is what a few dashes of Tabasco® would do to the dish. If you try that before we do, please let us know about the result.