8081 recipes en.lezzetler.net
Banu Atabay's Mütevazi Lezzetler® Recipe Forums

Ana SayfaMain Page   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    YöneticilerAdmins    Log inLog in 

All Recipes  A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z  Turkish Cooking Recipes

Vegetable Vegetarian Stuffed Grape Leaves (Dolmas)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    en.lezzetler.net Forum Index -> Vegetable (3 piece Vegetarian Stuffed Grape Leaves (Dolmas) 2742 views)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nedimex
Super MOD
Super MOD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Vegetarian Stuffed Grape Leaves (Dolmas) Reply with quote

Vegetarian Stuffed Grape Leaves (Dolmas)

0.5 c. veggie oil
4 medium onions (chopped)
1 c. uncooked rice
1 c. parsley (minced)
0.5 c. raisins
0.5 c. tomato sauce
1 c. water
0.75 tsp. allspice
0.5 tsp. pepper
Grape leaves
2 tsp. salt (or less/ to taste)

Saute onions in the oil until browned. Add rice and cook on a low heat for 20 minutes (covered), stirring occasionally. Add all other ingredients (except grape leaves, of course) and cook for 5 minutes. When it has cooled a little, use approx. 1 tsp. of filling per grape leaf and roll up, as for a burrito. The filling should be totally enclosed. To cook the "raw" dolmas, line a large pot with grape leaves and arrange the dolmas in the pot.
Put a plate on top to keep them from floating up, and cover with water. Simmer for about 1 hour.
Mrs. Leitner goes on to mention that these can be served hot (with or without yogurt) or as a cold appetizer. Basically it's the same recipe as for stuffed cabbage, except there is no meat or cabbage. I've also tried dolmas elsewhere that leave out the raisins and tomato sauce, and sometimes add pine nuts to the mixture, but they are usually a bit more bland.

nedimex
Super MOD
Super MOD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Vegetarian Stuffed Grape Leaves Reply with quote

Vegetarian Stuffed Grape Leaves

grape leaves, fresh or bottled
1 cup uncooked white rice
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 lb onion, minced
1/2 cup raisans
(1 tsp coriander, which was my addition to this)
juice of 2 lemons

Heat half the olive oil, fry onions until soft, add rice and stir to coat. Pour on a glass of water, add raisans and cook until all water is absorbed. Roll into grape leaves, place grape leaves, seam side down, in a baking dish (close together), add more water, oil and lemon juice and bake at 300F for 1 hour.
Now, my changes:
I use the bottled grape leaves, because I like the extra tang from the pickling juice. I also used green onions (both white and green) instead of regular onion, and used more of just about everything. Heat olive oil, fry onions until soft, add rice and stir to coat. Pour on a glass of water, add raisans and coriander. As water is absorbed, add more until the rice is firm but no longer crunchy. (I've found that the one glass method tends to produce crunchy/undercooked rice). Roll mixture into grape leaves (notes on rolling below) and pack like the bottom layer of a can of sardines (or like the 12 bunnies in the bed...) with the seam side down. When the pan is full, add one or two fingers of water (i.e. pour in water so the height of the water on the side of the pan is the width of one or two fingers) Squirt lots of lemon juice on the little suckers. Cover, put in 300F over and bake for 1 hour. The tops may get a little dry during cooking, but will remoisten when stored in the refrigorator.

Note on rolling grapeleaves:
Place your grape leaf flat, stem end away from you, vein side up. Place about a tablespoon or so of mixture a tiny bit closer to you than the point where the two side leaves branch off. Fold the bottom over the stuffing toward you. Fold the side leaves in toward the center. The stuffing should now be surrounded on at least 3 sides. Roll toward you until you have a little cigar shaped packet.

nedimex
Super MOD
Super MOD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Vegetarian Stuffed Grape Leaves Reply with quote

Vegetarian Stuffed Grape Leaves

This is my aunts recipe. I think it's heavenly:
3 C. rice, soaked in boiling water and salt for 1hr.
1/2 C. olive oil
Juice of one large lemon
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 bunch parsley, minced
1 large, firm tomato, choppped
1 tsp. dried mint (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

Thoroughly rince rice and drain well. Mix the rice and all the above ingredients in a bowl. If you are using fresh grape leaves blanch in boiling water for a minute. Stuff and cook. You could use torn grape leaves or slices of tomato to line the bottom of the pan so that the bottom layer of stuffed grape leaves won't scorch.

Yemek Tarifleri
Robot Admin

STUFFED EGGPLANT PICKLES STUFFED GRAPE LEAVES (PERSIAN) Stuffed Zucchini In Hot Yogurt Sauce SYRIAN STUFFED PRUNES Koosa (Stuffed Squash) Lebanese Dish Stuffed Peppers Stuffed Green Peppers BACON AND CREAM CHEESE STUFFED MUSHROOMS BAKED STUFFED MUSHROOM GARDEN-STUFFED MUSHROOMS ITALIAN STUFFED MUSHROOMS MEXICAN STUFFED MUSHROOMS STUFFED MUSHROOMS, ITALIAN STYLE STUFFED MUSHROOMS PARMIGIANA Vegetarian Sushi Nori and variations Vegetarian Chili & Beans Vegetarian Gravy STUFFED ZUCCHINI WITH YOGURT SAUCE CORN STUFFED ZUCCHINI STUFFED ZUKES (MAHSHEE) STUFFED ARTICHOKES Stuffed Zucchini Vegetarian Posole Stuffed Vegetables Cranberry Grape Whip Stuffed Rolls Aubergine Dolmas Bell Pepper Dolmas in Olive Oil Koupepia Stuffed Vine Leaves Poached Stuffed Figs (Kuru Incir Tatl... Stuffed Artichokes in Olive Oil Stuffed Bell Peppers (Meat Dolma) Stuffed Eggplant Pickles Stuffed Eggplant with Lamb Stuffed Meatballs Stuffed Peppers with Pilaf Turkish Eggplant Stuffed with Tomato,... Turkish Stuffed Peppers Fruit Bread With Grape-nuts Stuffed Sausage Shells Beef Stuffed French Bread Baked Stuffed Trout CHICKEN SALAD STUFFED TOMATOES STUFFED BAKED POTATOES WITH BROCCOLI ... Stuffed Pita Pockets Stuffed Roasted Peppers Almond and Whipped Cream Stuffed Buns STUFFED PARATHAS Vegetarian Fajitas Vegetarian Carnitas

Kullanıcı bilgilerini göster E-Posta gönder Kullanıcının web sitesini ziyaret et
Post new topic   Reply to topic    en.lezzetler.net Forum Index -> Vegetable (3 piece Vegetarian Stuffed Grape Leaves (Dolmas) 2742 views) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

[Mütevazı Lezzetler® Türkçe]  [Mütevazı Lezzetler® Azərice]  [Mutevazı Lezzetler® English]  [Mutevazı Lezzetler® Español]  [Скромные Вкусы® Русский]
© MMVI lezzetler.net|ça TR-06500 BEŞEVLER 2006-2015 All rights reserved [Privacy Policy]  [Categories]