QUICHE - CRUSTLESS: MUSHROOM / SPINACH
2 c. Cooked spinach (drained)
1/2 lb. Mushrooms
1/2 Quart envelope non-fat powdered milk
1 Lg. Whole onion
3 Fertile eggs
3/4 c. Grated low-fat Jack cheese
1 c. Liquid from spinach/mushrooms
1. Cook spinach for 4 minutes, drain well and save liquid.
2. Slice mushrooms and onions, sauté until onion starts to wilt.
3. Mix 1 cup of cooled liquid with powdered milk. Beat eggs well and mix with milk liquid.
4. Mix spinach, onions, and mushrooms. Layer in a deep 9" pie pan, alternating with cheese. Pour liquid on top and layer with any remaining cheese.
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven (350 degrees) for 30-35 minutes or until a knife can be inserted and come out almost dry. It will become solid as it cools. Tastes almost sinful, however, without the crust it is relatively low in calories.
This makes 8 servings.