GREEN AND GRAIN MEATBALLS
1 1/2 Pounds lean ground beef
1 cup Wheat germ
2/3 cups Minced fresh parsley (1/4 dried parsley)
2/3 cups Minced little green onions
6 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
4 Tablespoon of milk
1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 Cup chopped zucchini squash
1 Cup chopped mushrooms
2 Medium onions, chopped
4 Teaspoon cooking oil
2 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
2 Teaspoons chili powder
2 Teaspoons ground cumin
A few dashes of hot salsa or Tabasco sauce.
1. Prepare the meatballs by thoroughly mixing all the ingredients together in a medium bowl. shape into 48 balls.
2. Place the meatballs in a shallow baking pan (spay the pan with Pam).
3. Bake the meatballs in a preheated 400 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile prepare the sauce in a skillet by sautéing the zucchini, mushroom, and onions in the oil for 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, hot sauce, and heat the sauce thoroughly.
5. To serve, pour the sauce over the meatballs and combine the two well.