Baked Potato Slices
From: kenneth steven simon
4 medium even potatoes
1 tsp salt
2 to 3 Tbsp melted butter
2 to 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh herbs (parsley, chives, thyme, sage)
- or -
2 to 3 tsp. dried herbs
- or -
1.5 tsp caraway seeds or cumin
4 Tbsp grated Cheddar cheese
1.5 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
1) Peel potatoes if the skin is tough, otherwise just scrub and rinse
2) Cut potatoes into thin slices but not all the way through. Use a handle of a spoon to prevent the knife from cutting all the way.
3) Put potatoes in a baking dish. Fan them slightly.
4) Sprinkle with sale and drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with herbs.
5) Bake potatoes at 425 degrees for about 50 minutes
6) Remove from oven. Sprinkle with cheeses.
7) Bake potatoes for another 10 to 15 minutes until lightly browned, cheeses are melted and potatoes are soft inside. Check with a fork.