Stuffed Sausage Shells
1 pound Italian sweet sausage
1/2 cup chopped onions
4 slices bread, crumbled
1/4 cup fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried
20 Jumbo Shells, parboiled and drained
2 jars (15 1/2 ounce) Ragu' Spaghetti Sauce, divided
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Pre−heat oven to 350 degrees
1. Prick sausage with fork and parboil in small amount of water, in covered skillet for 15 minutes. Drain. Chop sausage and fry along with onions, until brown and crumbly, stirring often. Spoon off excess fat. Add egg, bread, and parsley, and mix thoroughly.
2. Fill hot parboiled shells with sausage mixture, using a teaspoon.
3. Pour 1/2 Ragu Spagetti sauce into a 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan. Arrange shells in pan.
4. Pour remaining Ragu sauce over shells. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes, or till hot and bubbly.
5. Remove foil; sprinkle grated parmesan cheese over top and bake uncovered for about 10 minutes more.
Serve with a salad and homemade bread.
These leftovers freeze very well.