QUICK RYE-BATTER BUNS
3 c Flour
2 pk Quick-rising yeast
1 tb Caraway seed
2 c Milk
2 c Rye flour
1/2 c Dark brown sugar
3 tb Cooking oil
Caraway seed (optional)
1 1/2 ts Salt
1. In a large mixer bowl, combine the flour and yeast.
2. In a saucepan, heat the 2 c milk, brown sugar, oil and salt until warm (120-130 degrees), stirring constantly. Add to the flour mixture. Add the eggs and the caraway seed.
3. Beat the batter with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping sides of bowl. Beat the batter on high speed for 3 minutes. Return to low speed and beat in rye flour.
4. Fill the greased muffin pans half full. cover and let the dough rise until double, about 25 minutes.
5. Bake in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes. Brush the buns with milk. Sprinkle the tops with caraway seed, if desired. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes more or until done. Remove the buns from the pans; cool. Makes about 24.