· 500 g trout (or other salmon type fish)
· 100 g boiled potatoes
· 150 ml freshly pressed lemon juice
· 2 tbsp molten butter
· 2 avocados
· cayenne pepper
· black pepper, salt
Proceed as follows:
1. Cook any salmon type fish, e.g. trout, in the microwave oven: 1 minute at high for every 100 gram. Remove skin, bones, tail and head, and let the meat cool. About 300 gram of meat should remain.
2. Purée the trout meat together with cooked potatoes, freshly pressed lemon juice and molten butter in a food processor.
3. Add the flesh of 1 1/2 peeled avocado, a very generous pinch of cayenne pepper and pinches of salt and black pepper.
4. Purée for another 15-30 seconds.
5. Transfer the mousse to a suitable bowl and let it cool for at least a few hours in the refrigerator. Serve the mousse together with lumpfish roe in canapés or on toast, using the remaining 1/2 avocado cut in thin slices as a decor. An alternative is to take the mousse bowl, sit down upon a bed and spoon-feed each other. In this case the roe should be excluded.